CHRISTMAS IS FINALLY HERE haha well not really (we still have to get through Thanksgiving) but it’s super close and you know what that means…It’s that time of year to break out those ugly sweaters.
We have all been invited to at least one ugly sweater party so therefore we all have at least one ugly sweater (I don’t care how you got it whether your girlfriend bought it for you, your grandma knitted it, or you just needed one so you didn’t stick out like a sore thumb at that party) but I bet most of us are going to find a reason to put on that ugly sweater once again, but this year is going to be different! You will be wearing that sweater with confidence instead of shame! How is that even possible? I know you’re wondering, because that sweater is just so damn ugly. The secret is not how you look, but how you carry that look.
So maybe wearing an ugly christmas sweater doesn’t give you confidence but that doesn’t mean you can’t be confident while wearing it! Reading through my previous posts, I have talked about how clothing can affect a person’s self confidence and how to gain that confidence through clothing and acceptance of your body image.
Just because your sweater is tacky doesn’t mean your presence has to be too! In week 4 (The Three Keys to Confidence) and week 9 (Confidence & Sexy: Two Peas in a Pod) I discussed the importance of being confident in yourself and how to get there.
- Accept your body
- Love your body
- Wear clothing that represents “you”
Once you have done these three things you’re ready to hit the ugly sweater party this year with confidence!
If you’re still having trouble being confident enough in your ugly sweater to have fun (which you shouldn’t. Everyone else is wearing a sweater that’s just as ugly, so embrace it and have fun) but nonetheless here are a few “pointers” 😉 from the “Guy Code.”
- Wear it with pride: Just about everybody else will be wearing an ugly sweater (if not uglier than yours). They’re there to have fun not judge, so you should do the same!
- Go a little offensive (but not too far): Try putting on a sweater that’s a little controversial. It’ll strike up conversation.
- Go in pairs: Pair does not necessarily mean couple. You could dress up with a boy\girlfriend but you could also get a group of friends together and get similar ugly sweaters. It’ll put your mind at ease knowing a few other people have on a tacky sweater; you won’t be the only one.
- Go all out: You’re already wearing the ugliest sweater you possibly could have put on, so why not get one that lights up, or sings? It’s the one time of the year it’s acceptable, so why not? haha
- Go pant-less: Definitely a sure way to make sure nobody notices what you’re wearing up top 😉
The only thing that should be tacky this Christmas is your sweater 🙂